For the chicken:
For the glaze:
- Combine chicken, olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, cumin, and salt in a bowl or ziploc bag. Massage to coat the chicken. Allow to marinate for up to 1 hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, preheat a grill to medium-high heat and prepare the glaze.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes. It should be the consistency of maple syrup or melted honey. *The glaze can be made 2-3 days in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Place chicken on the preheated grill. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and brush generously with the glaze. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Brush with more glaze, then continue cooking until the chicken is fully cooked and reaches 165 degrees, about 2-3 more minutes depending on size.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Brush with additional glaze or serve extra on the side for dipping.