Watermelon Key Lime Sticky Rice by Carmell Childs
This entry is part of the 2018 Use the Whole Watermelon Recipe Contest Winners. This Watermelon Key Lime Sticky Rice was awarded an honorable mention in the 2018 Use the Whole Watermelon recipe contest. Submitted by Carmell Childs, this recipe is a watermelon twist on a Thai favorite, mango and sticky rice. The rice is cooked in watermelon juice and water, giving it a sweet pink hue, and the addition of coconut and lime gives it a complex flavor profile. This dish can be served warm, room temperature or chilled.
- Prepare rice in a heavy medium saucepan. Combine, rice, watermelon juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare syrup in a medium saucepan. Combine coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium high and boil for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked rice with 1 1/4 cups coconut sauce, set aside until sauce is mostly absorbed. To serve, scoop rice into ramekins or goblets, top with diced watermelon and drizzle with remaining syrup. Garnish servings with sliced lime rounds (optional).
- Serving size
- Calories per serving
- Fat per serving
- Saturated fat per serving
- Sodium per serving
- Carbohydrates per serving
- Fiber per serving
- Sugar per serving
- Protein per serving
Leave a Review