- To prepare the watermelon: Compress at 99%.
- Remove from bag and place in a cold cast iron pan. Place pan on high heat and sear on both sides until well caramelized and the center is hot.
- Remove, cool, pat dry and cut into batonnet. Keep warm.
- To prepare the pibil: Purée all ingredients for the pibil until smooth.
- Heat the same cast iron pan on medium high heat and add the puree. Cook until it is reduced to a thick sauce consistency. Keep warm.
- To plate, place one tortilla on the plate, spoon pibil over the top, and top with watermelon.
- Garnish with cotija cheese and black sesame seeds
- Serve with cabbage, radish and a lime wedge.
- Blend all ingredients except the masa in a blender until very smooth.
- Add this mixture to the masa kneading into a green dough.
- Make 12, 2 ½ oz balls and flatten with a tortilla press between wax or parchment paper.
- Cook the tortillas on a hot griddle or cast iron pan until just cooked through.
- Keep warm and covered.