Thai Watermelon Salad
The taste of thai wrapped up in a salad all the while having watermelon added to it.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 4 ounces organic baby greens
- 3 cups cooked al dente and cooled brown rice
- 6 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 serving dry roasted and salted peanuts
- dash cracked pepper to taste
Whisk together the ginger, garlic, vinegar, juice, oils and soy sauce. Arrange the greens on a serving platter or up to 8 individual serving plates. Toss the rice with 2/3 of the dressing. Press each serving of the rice mixture into a small cup and invert onto the plate, creating an individual serving of rice. Place on the greens. Toss the watermelon with the remaining dressing and spoon the watermelon over the rice and greens. Sprinkle the scallions, cilantro and peanuts over the watermelon. Garnish with fresh cracked pepper to taste. If desired, add grilled chicken, salmon or shrimp for an entrée salad.
Makes 8 servings.