Avocado Toast with Watermelon
Take a break from traditional breakfast fare and try this tasty, nutritious alternative. It’s both creamy and crunchy and packed with flavor, along with nutrients, such as calcium and iron. Bet you can’t eat just one!
- 4 tablespoons mashed avocado mixed with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons diced watermelon
- 2 tablespoons low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Spread half the avocado on each slice of the toasted bread, top with half of the watermelon and cheese, then sprinkle with half of the mint leaves and lemon zest.
Makes 2 servings.
Serving size: 1 piece of toast
Calories per serving: 158
Fat per serving: 7g
Saturated fat per serving: 3g
Cholesterol per serving: 13.7mg
Fiber per serving: 3.5g
Protein per serving: 5.5g
Carbohydrates per serving: 17.8g