Chipotle Maple Citrus Watermelon Wings
This zesty glaze is sure to please even the most discriminating wing lover! You can also use it as a marinade or dipping sauce.
- Watermelon Glaze
- 2 cups watermelon puree
- 3 lemons (juice from the lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (can use light version)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups diced watermelon
- some chicken wings or drumettes
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
Simmer ingredients together in a heavy saucepan for 20 minutes or until sauce is thick. Makes 2 cups. Keep warm.
Place the chicken in a large zipper lock bag with rest of the ingredients and seal tightly. Allow to marinate at least 2 hours or up to 12. Grill until cooked and arrange on a warm platter. Pour the glaze over the chicken and serve immediately.
Servings will vary.