Fried Watermelon with Wakami Salad, Cilantro Vinaigrette, Pickled Radish
- Combine cilantro, parsley, scallion, and lime juice in a blender.
- Pulse to combine.
- With the blender running, drizzle in the grape seed oil until well combined, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Place the flour, beaten eggs, and panko breadcrumbs into their own shallow dishes. Coat each watermelon rectangle with the flour, shaking off excess. Then coat with the egg, then the panko. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350°F.
- Slice each radish into thin slices. Combine rice wine vinegar and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the radish slices to the vinegar mixture and let marinate for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Gently place the breaded watermelon pieces into the hot deep fryer and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined tray. Slice each rectangle into 8-10 slices.
- Place 3 oz. (½ cup) of wakami salad onto each plate. Top each with sliced fried watermelon (from one whole watermelon rectangle). Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the Cilantro Vinaigrette. Garnish each with pickled radish and cilantro sprigs. Serve.
Leave a Review