- Cut watermelon rinds into ½-inch dice.
- Mince the cilantro stems and set aside, saving the leaves for later use.
- Boil salt, vinegar, water, sugar, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, and cilantro stems for 5 minutes. Strain.
- Place watermelon rind in the boiling mixture and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Add the preserved lemon, Fresno chile, cumin and caraway. Mix to combine.
- Weigh down and refrigerate overnight.
- Rough chop the cilantro and the mint leaves, and set aside.
- Drain excess liquid away, mix together with the chopped mint and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.