Rustic Country Bread:
Añejo Agave Syrup:
- To make the Whipped Feta, stir together cream and milk. In robot coupe crumble feta and puree. Slowly pour in cream and milk mixture. Add lemon juice and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Refrigerate until service.
- To make the Watermelon Topping, gently mix ingredients. Refrigerate until service.
- To make the Syrup, in a medium sauce pot heat agave nectar, tequila and salt to a boil. Simmer on low heat until sauce reaches nappe (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- To make the Brittle, place sugar, water and cream of tartar in a medium saucepan. Heat to at least 295 degrees F to form hard candy. While hot, pour evenly onto sheet tray. Sprinkle pistachios over warm brittle. Allow to cool at room temperature. Crumble and store refrigerated.
- To assemble each piece, layer on each lightly toasted bread slice: ¼ cup Whipped Feta and a generous ½ cup Watermelon Topping. Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp Smoked Pistachio Brittle over top and drizzle top with about 1 tsp Anejo Agave Syrup.