- In a bowl, mix the crab, eggs, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs and sweet pickle relish.
- Heat a generous amount of butter (you may use a combination of canola oil and butter if desired) in a 10- to 12-inch sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Using 2 teaspoons as tools, drop small dollops (about 1 teaspoon full) of the crab mixture into the butter and fry, turning once, until golden brown on each side.
- Fry the puffs in batches keeping them warm on a baking sheet in the oven as they come out of the pan.
- Mix together the watermelon and relish and serve with the crab cakes for dipping.
- Serving size
- 1 crab cake (16 total)
- Calories per serving
- Fat per serving
- Saturated fat per serving
- Cholesterol per serving
- Sodium per serving
- Carbohydrates per serving
- Sugar per serving
- Protein per serving