- Very Round Seedless Watermelon
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen knife and Paring knife
- 3" Wooden Skewers
- Large Marshmallows
- Round Cutter
- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry.
- On a cutting board, place the watermelon on its side and cut off 1/4”-1/2” from the top and bottom, being careful not to cut to deep into the white part of the rind. This will provide a sturdy base.
- Use the kitchen knife to completely peel the watermelon down to the red forming a big red ball, reserving a wider piece of rind to make a mouth.
- Out of the reserved rind draw Elmos mouth and cut it out using a paring knife. Attach the mouth using two 3” wooden skewers towards the bottom third of Elmos face. Just above the center of the mouth insert a 3” wooden skewer in the center and attach a clementine (stem side in) for the nose.
- If desired use a round cookie cutter to make the large marshmallows more round for the eyes and attach each marshmallow with a 3” wooden skewer leaving about 1/4” of the skewer out of the marshmallow to attach the blueberries to.