Swap tomatoes for watermelon in this good-for-you dip. Avocados are a stone fruit with a creamy texture that grow in warm climates and are often a feature of Mexican and South American cuisine.
- 2 medium avocados peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons diced jalapeno pepper (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced watermelon
- dash salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado to a mix of smooth and chunky.
- Add lime, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, and chilies and mix thoroughly.
- Add watermelon and salt (if desired) and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate to let flavors blend.
Servings will Vary.