Salmon Watermelon Sliders
We dare you to just eat one!
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 12 slices watermelon, approximately 3" X 3" X ½ inch
- 1 bottle cooking spray
- 1 pound salmon fillet (thin end if possible)
- dash lemon juice
- dash salt & pepper
- 3 ounces pickled ginger (gari)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thin length-wise
- 12 whole wheat slider buns
1. Heat broiler and place rack 6" or more from elements.
2. In a small bowl, blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, and wasabi paste until thoroughly mixed. Place in a small serving bowl, cover and refrigerate.
3. Place watermelon slices between paper towels to soak up extra water. Set aside.
4. Spray a cookie sheet and place salmon on sheet, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Broil for 6 to 9 minutes, or until barely cooked through. Remove from oven. Cut into 1 to 1 1/2 ounce pieces.
5. While salmon is cooking, toast inner side of each half of the buns.
6. Arrange pickled ginger, avocado, and watermelon slices on a serving platter. Place wasabi mayo, salmon pieces, and buns close by.
7. Welcome everyone to “build their own slider” placing a piece of salmon, mayo, ginger, avocado, and watermelon between a slider bun.
Makes 12 servings.
Serving size: 1 slider
Calories per serving: 263
Fat per serving: 2.7g
Saturated fat per serving: 1.8g
Fiber per serving: 4g
Omega-3 fat per serving: 583mg
Cholesterol per serving: 25mg
Vitamin C per serving: 23mg
Calcium per serving: 54mg
Iron per serving: 2mg
Magnesium per serving: 100mg
Potassium per serving: 633mg
Sodium per serving: 358mg