Grilled Chicken Kebabs and Watermelon
- For the watermelon sauce: Place the garlic in a mortar, season with a pinch of salt, and pound to a very fine paste. Transfer the garlic paste to a small bowl.
- Whisk in the yogurt, watermelon molasses and olive oil until the mixture is emulsified. Be careful not to add ingredients too quickly or the sauce will break. If it does break, you can slowly whisk in 1 teaspoon of water before serving.
- For the grilled chicken kebabs and watermelon: In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the watermelon molasses, garlic, parsley, paprika, cumin, ¼ teaspoon of the red pepper flakes and salt. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours to marinate.
- Heat and oil the grill.
- In the meanwhile, thread the chicken onto skewers and set aside.
- Toss the watermelon with olive oil, the remaining red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt.
- Place the watermelon slices on the grill and cook for 2 minutes, turning occasionally, until the surfaces are marked.
- Next, grill the chicken kebabs, turning them occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and golden, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- To serve: Serve with warmed pita, the yogurt sauce, grilled watermelon, tomatoes, and mint. Place the chicken kebabs on the side drizzled with watermelon molasses.