Watermelon Margarita (on the rocks)
Watermelon Simple Syrup
- Make the simple syrup by combining the watermelon and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Use a potato masher or another utensil to mash the watermelon and sugar together, pushing out the liquid and dissolving the sugar.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl or jar, pressing the watermelon to extract all the liquid.
- Set aside to cool completely. (Makes just over 1 cup of simple syrup)
- Next, make the watermelon juice by combining the watermelon and water in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, pour through a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl or jar.
- To assemble the margaritas, use a lime wedge to line the rims of two glasses with juice. Dip the glasses in coarse salt and carefully fill the glasses with ice.
- Next, combine the tequila, watermelon juice, lime juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until thoroughly chilled, about 30 seconds, and pour into the prepared glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and serve!
- Serving size
- Calories per serving
- Carbohydrates per serving
- Fiber per serving
- Sugar per serving
- Protein per serving
Looks like fun and fairly easy. Enjoy the great tips and ideas.