Watermelon Agua Fresca
Created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry Service to the Watermelon Board.
- 8 cups watermelon, seeded, cut into large chunks, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 cups club soda or seltzer water, chilled
- lime slices as needed
- watermelon, small wedges, sliced as needed
1. Place the watermelon, water, and sugar in a blender, and purée. Poor through a coarse strainer into a large container.
2. Stir in the lime juice, and refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours.
3. To serve, stir in the seltzer water and watermelon cubes, and garnish with lime slices and watermelon wedges.
Note: This Watermelon Agua Fresca is delicious on its own and also pairs well with either rum or tequila to make a tasty watermelon cocktail.
Makes 2 quarts