Watermelon Crunch Salsa
This zesty concoction has some flair and most importantly some healthy watermelon. Bringing this to a football party will turn heads and make friends quickly.
The inclusion of watermelon in a dish like salsa only adds to the flavor. Don't be surprised if the bowl is empty before too long. Make sure to bring enough as this dish is a sure thing to run out quickly.
- 4 cups 1/4 inch cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups 1/4 inch cubed jicama
- 1 cup 1/4 inch cubed carrots
- 2 cups minced purple cabbage
- 1 cup minced sweet yellow banana or bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 limes (juice from the fresh squeezed limes)
- dash of sea salt for taste
Prepare each ingredient and toss together just before serving.
Serves 12 to 16 as a salad or salsa.